We kick off the new year with a look at the achievements of the past development phase (Program Increment 2022-04). Here you will find an overview of the most important innovations in the SupplyOn solutions:
Visibility & Analytics
The development teams have done a great job in the area of Visibility & Analytics in designing the new solution “Product Footprint”.
The introduction of the Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains shows that it is becoming more and more important to determine and prove the ecological footprint of the own products. We have implemented two sections in the new solution for this purpose:
- The “Actual Footprint” determines the footprint of all parts that are already produced in series. It is possible to request the required certificates from the supplier.
- If a component is still being developed or has not yet been ordered, meaning there is no part number for it yet, the “Planned Footprint” function determines a rough indicator of its future CO2 impact through production and transport.
Besides the implementation of this new solution, there is another innovation: the Flexible Survey solution has been integrated into Strategic Risk Management. Such linking of the solutions creates a seamless user experience.
From now on, there are three possible ways to select suppliers for the survey:
- draw a “Circular Area” on the map and select all suppliers in the marked zone
- use the “Polygonal Area” to draw a polygonal area and thus define the suppliers to be addressed even more precisely
- select suppliers regardless of their location using various filter criteria
The email addresses of the recipients of the survey are drawn from the Business Directory and thus do not have to be entered manually.
Supply Chain Collaboration
In Supply Chain Collaboration, we start off 2023 with three new features:
- From now on, individual supplies can be tracked at the level of purchase order delivery schedules across all processes — from demand to goods receipt booking. This also simplifies the connection to customers with Oracle ERP systems.
- When creating transport and advance shipping notifications for the loading address, the supplier can now create an address book and this way increase data quality.
- If a supplier user only works with selected customers via SupplyOn, he can now individually adapt and restrict the e-mail notifications to the customers he is responsible for.
Supplier Quality Management
In the Technical Review solution, the user now has more options for selecting the system status and for displaying longer texts. In addition, a comment function has been added to the measures overview. This makes it even easier for the customer and supplier to exchange information on a measure level.
When managing objects in SupplyOn Project Management, the selection of objects to be revised has been considerably simplified for administrators: the additional upload function speeds up the process significantly.
There are also some new enhancements in the area of invoicing. To better support the individual workflows of suppliers, it is now possible to manually close billable items (without generating invoices within SupplyOn). This allows suppliers to close items that have been invoiced outside the platform and to keep their list views up to date or adjust them at a later date.
The second innovation is designed for Mexican suppliers, as they must have domestic invoices and credit notes approved by a state authority (Servicio de Administración Tributaria “SAT”) before they can be forwarded to the customer (so-called “clearance procedure”). Invoicing will also support this process in Mexico in the future and thus optimally accompanies the prescribed workflow.
In the last Program Increment, a helpful feature was implemented in 9S Practical Problem Solver (PPS): Within the PPS document, the supplier can now assign the added problems to the root cause entries under “Step 4 – Identify root cause(s)”.
The customer has the advantage that he can see at a glance which problems contribute to the root causes. He thus helps his supplier to process the PPS document quickly.
So many innovations! Stay tuned for the next update on SupplyOn’s new features that will be available in three months.