ENHANCE SUPPLY CHAIN VISIBILITY
Gain full control through production and transport integration and AI powered visibility insights
To gain full visibility and control over your supply chain, classic supply chain collaboration is necessary, but not sufficient. To achieve the required transparency, it is essential to monitor the entire process across all control points and integrate all systems involved – including production and transport management systems. This is what digitization of the supply chain means and this is the way in the current crisis to ensure that the supply chain remains stable.
This mainly involves the following objectives:
- Supply Chain Visibility: full visibility from n-tier production to customer supply, including supplier production progress data, transportation and delivery
- Supply Chain Risk Management: integrated and embedded risk management along your core processes instead of isolated IT solutions
- Supply Chain Predictions: preventive detection of potential risk and disruptions through generation of AI / ML based predictions from historic and real-time Supply Chain data
- Supply Chain Agility: full control to manage changes and exceptions quickly in operational systems
1. Integrated Transport Management and Transport Visibility
We are convinced that an integrated transport planning and management with embedded track-and-trace on part level is an essential pillar to keep your supply chain under control, even in turbulent times. Separate solutions can help on short-term but will impose new barriers on the long run.
Achieving full integration and global coverage takes time and there are many ways to take the necessary steps.
If the focus is on securing deliveries, such as in crisis situations, we recommend that you start with quickly applicable solutions that help you to get visibility and (re)gain control over your transports prior to integrating the processes step by step.
2. Integration of (n-tier) supplier production data
Integration of shop floor data such as production stock, machine data, and production progress information is a game changer for supply chain management. By applying modern analytics and Artificial Intelligence algorithms, you can increase your visibility and look ahead as never before. Benefits reach from higher planning accuracy with less inventory and lower transport costs to higher parts quality, better traceability and improved cost transparency. All benefits come side-by-side with an increase in process efficiency.
When you are focusing on securing deliveries, here’s what we recommend to start with:
- Collect status information on your suppliers´ production progress and match it with your demands to make sure the parts will arrive in time (P2S Production Progress Monitoring)
- Use our industry proven AI / ML models to create stock predictions by compiling all inventory and demand information from your suppliers, you inbound logistics network and your production (P2S Stock Prediction)
The integration of data flows downstream to the supplier and upstream to the customer is the most important building block of digitization and helps to increase planning reliability, minimize risks and generally optimize production and the supply chain – not only in times of crisis.
Further information how to integrate with your suppliers shop floor data:
You want to know how SupplyOn can support you through these challenging times? Simply fill out the form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.